Friday, August 26, 2011

Duct Tape and New Jewelry Ideas

It's been several months since I last posted on my blog (April!!!) Yikes! Sorry to be away for so long, but I come back with a bunch more ideas and inspiration for making new things!

My husband and I were in our first craft show in June and we had a blast! So much so that we signed up for the same craft show in the Fall, which promises to have several times more the foot traffic because it will be coupled with another popular craft show in the same area. :) My husband does woodburning, mostly animals and landscapes, and I make jewelry.

Most recently I have been making a bunch of cast resin pieces of jewelry using Envirotex. I am encasing charms, letters, glitter, candy sprinkles and candy in them and they have been a big hit!

I am also loving Duck (brand) tape!!! With the variety of colors and patterns they keep coming out with, the possibilities are endless! And a simple Google search will yield a ton of cool projects to do with Duck Tape, from making light sabers, to wallets, to flowers! :)

I purchased some clear IPhone cases which I am decorating with the tape, paint, and jewels. Then I will seal it with a clear acrylic coating to make it last longer.

I hope you enjoy the pictures! If you have any questions, would like to add your own ideas, or are interested in making a purchase, please contact me at freesekim@gmail.com.




Cast resin jewelry pieces

1st Iphone 4 case decorated with duct tape


Our booth at the June craft show


Happy Creating!!! :) :)

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog. Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't kept up with it like I need to, but thanks for being a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete