Monday, April 18, 2011

Creating the "Kitty" - Arts and crafts items with a feline theme

Just as my blog title and name suggests (as well as the name of my Etsy shop) I am a cat lover! Probably destined to be a crazy old cat lady. As I create jewelry, try new crafts, share ideas with fellow crafters and navigate other sites and blogs for other kitty-crafts, I thought this would be a great new subject for my blog. Following, you will find various items I have created; jewelry for my Etsy shop, items for a cat-themed swap, ATC cards, and more (and some pictures of my 4 furry children; Mamala, Ollie, Twinkie, and Fava) :). I would love to hear your comments regarding this article and also any links you have for kitty crafts or pictures of items you've created, etc.


A scissor cover and pin cushion created for a swap.                 I-pod cover custom-made for a friend.

 These items were made for a kitty-themed swap for a graft group to which I belong; I made the necklace from Shrinky Dink material and beads and the handle notebook using a composition book, scrapbooking paper, ribbon, and buttons.

"Hello Kitty" design jack-o-lantern, created (with assistance) by my step-daughter for last Halloween. The first one she ever carved! :)

 "Flat Cat", ATC's (Art Trading Cards) for a swap with a "flat pet" theme. I used friendly plastic to create the pets in different breeds.


Retro, glitter kitty rings and necklace for my Etsy shop.


                        White kitty necklace created from polymer clay and painted (for Etsy shop).




 This is Mamala (pron. mom-a-la). She is 17 years+ and diabetic. She is the queen of the house! Still very active and she loves to play with and talk to her 'milk rings' (that come off gallons of milk :)
Here she is, supervising some sewing!








This is all four of our cats, taking over our bed! LOL - Mamala is in the top left, Twinkie (her son) on the top right, Fava is on the bottom left, and Ollie (21 lbs.!) on the bottom right.











Thanks for visiting! Happy Creating!

7 comments:

  1. Please leave your comments HERE! If you would like to add any pictures, please email them to me at freesekim@gmail.com and I will include them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a versatile blogger award:)
    http://worldofloulou.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-winned-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks, Laurel! How sweet of you :) I am honored! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome collection! I am a major cat-lover, so I will definitely need to try some of these out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I have been bad and haven't kept up with it, but I do intend to get back to it! :) I really appreciate that you found it :) And I'm always happy to "meet" a fellow cat lover!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete